The Burgess Printing Plate Shears
Shearing plates, extending resources.
Burgess custom designs and manufactures a versatile line of in-line or off-line plate trimmers and high end plate shears to handle all CTP plate making applications. Plate trimmers and shears use a precision ground and polished, tooled-steel cutting blade combined with a heavy-duty welded steel frame to insure exacting tolerances. Dual push-button activation for safety and auto-pneumatic vacuum hold down are standard. Addition of a Tri-point Robotic Electronic Pin Register or “B-Opts” Optical/Tri-Point Dual Register System makes it a perfect fit for CTP applications. Optional press register and conventional stripping punch assemblies can be added if desired.
• Cut multiple Plate(s) from one large plate to accommodate minimum plate setter plate size requirements.
• Trim oversized plate(s) to a specific plate size.
• PLC controller controls all machine functions
• Precision ground and polished, AISI/SAE Type D-2 Tool steel cutting blade.
• Heavy-duty welded steel frame assures exacting tolerances can be held.
• Vacuum hold down with three-point auto activation secures plate in position.
• Available with (3) Point electronic edge register system with LED indicator lights or pin register system.
• Dual push button blade activation for optimum safety
• Smoked lexan safety cover.
• Standard blade width 18, 26, and 36”
• Optional punch heads for press register notches and / or stripping holes can be incorporated.
• Electrical Requirements: 115v - 60Hz - 3 Amp
• Air Requirement: 90PSI @ 10cfm
Whether you utilize sheet fed or web presses, we are ready to help you with your plate management and handling. For more specific information on how we can help your bottom line, contact us.
» Back to the Products Overview page or the Products Catalog...
» Learn more about our fully integrated plate manufacturing solutions here...